- Inspirational quote: “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” – Edgar Allen Poe
- Reimagine a historical figure in your world.
- Inspirational quote: “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- Timeline Challenge: 1950’s suburbia
- Genre Challenge: Steampunk
- Write a scene where the past of a character comes back to haunt them.
- Describe your antagonist’s family.
- Take your least favorite trope in your preferred genre and run with it.
- Pause your current work-in-progress and make a list of plot twists that would change the lives (and story arch) of each major character or the world they live in.
- Give your antagonist a dramatic makeover.